Your library card will give you access to the Library’s catalog, including the e-content collections.
At the East Moline Library you may use the Overdrive app to access thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks through OMNI Libraries!
Steps to download eBooks and Audiobooks on Libby:
1. Download the Libby by Overdrive app onto your smart device.
2. Select Sign Up, and choose to Sign Up using a Library Card.
3. Enter “East Moline Library” in the search box and continue to select East Moline Library as your home library.
4. Enter your library card number, and the last four digits of your library card number for your PIN.
5. Once you’ve signed into Libby by Overdrive, select “Add Library” to select East Moline Library and then Online Media of Northern Illinois Libraries.
6. From there, you may search for and download eBooks and Audiobooks to your smart device. Please stop into the library or call the front desk if you need additional help!
Please stop into the library or call the front desk if you need additional help!
Kanopy offers access to thousands of movie titles through streaming. Here’s how:
To use Kanopy, you’ll need to enter your library card information and create a Kanopy account. We recommend doing this in a web browser, but you can also set up your account in the Kanopy app for iOS or Android.
To get started with Kanopy in a web browser:
- Go to www.kanopy.com in a supported browser.
- Select Get started.
- Select Find your library.
- To find a library near you, share your location when prompted or search for your library by name, city, or zip code. Select your library’s name from the list or map, then click Select this library.
- Enter your library card number and PIN or password (if required by your library). Then, select Continue.
- Create your Kanopy account:
- Enter your name, email address, and password, then select Sign up.
- Or, sign up with an existing Apple or Google account by selecting Sign Up with Apple or Sign Up with Google and follow the instructions.
We are excited to share a brand new resource that you can access for free at home with an East Moline library card or through our library’s computers! Newsbank is a database of different newspapers that are current and are easy to access from anywhere. The link will take you directly to the Dispatch Argus search, but simply click on “New Search” at the top to search our other collections – including Heritage Hub to search obituaries and curated collections designed to help you research trending or specific topics.
Access the Dispatch-Argus, the Chicago Sun Times and many more through this free website. which can be accessed remotely 24/7 from any device so you can stay informed. Check Out Newsbank Here. All you need to do it login with your East Moline Library card number.
Comics Plus by LibraryPass offers access to thousands of Comic Books, Graphic Novels, and Manga titles for FREE with your library card! All you need to do is the following:
- Click here or go to https://comicsplusapp.com/
- Click on “Reader Login” at the top of the page
- Login using your East Moline Library Card number and PIN (the last four digits of the library card number)