PrairieCat is the consortium that the East Moline Library uses. This catalog allows you to search your home library, local area libraries, and libraries in the Northern Illinois Region. Patrons can search the East Moline Library catalog here. To login, you will need to enter your library card number and your PIN, which is the last four digits of the library card.
Searching Beyond PrairieCat
If you cannot find what you are looking for in PrairieCat, then there are some options available to you: Inter-Library Loan and Find More Illinois.
If the item you are looking for is not available at any of the Illinois libraries that we partner with and you are an East Moline patron, the library has a free service to request items from libraries across the globe.
You must have an East Moline Public Library card to request items out of the system here at EMPL. For questions and comments, you can call 309-755-9614 and ask for Mary or Mikayla, or email email@example.com.
Find More Illinois
Can’t find what you are looking for in your local library catalog? With Find More Illinois, you can search multiple library catalogs at once. Follow the instructions below and Find It. Click It. Get It. Follow the steps below to learn more.
1. Begin by clicking either the Find More Illinois logo in your local catalog to search more libraries or:
2. Click the Login button in the upper right corner of the Find More Illinois catalog.
3. In the login window, select your home library, type your Username (ID number on your East Moline Library Card) and PIN number, then press ENTER. (If you don’t know your PIN, you can call your local library and find out).
4. Type in your search terms and press ENTER,
5. You will see your results and can hover over the titles to see if you are able to request them or not.
6. If a Request This Item button displays, click it to initiate an ILL request. If that button does not display, click the View Details button and request the item with the desired format/edition/etc.
7. Clicking the Request This Item button will display an ILL request window. If no window displays, make sure your browser settings allow popups from the findmoreillinois domain (findmoreillinois.auto-graphics.com/MVC/).
8. Confirm that your contact information is correct and complete in the ILL request window. Fields with descriptions in red text must be complete before the request is accepted.
9. Click the Submit button to submit your ILL request. Your library will contact you when the requested item is available. If you need help to complete your request, contact library staff. We are happy to help!